You’ve seen them on TV, on the Internet and in your Mail Box.
These gold buyers want you to mail in your scrap gold and they will cut you a check. “It’s that easy!”. We would like to point out a few things before you decide to go that route. Aside from the fact that we have over 30 years of experience in buying old gold jewelry, London Coin Galleries in Newport Beach will provide a free, no-obligation offer for your scrap gold jewelry.
Here are a few things you should be aware of with the mail-in gold companies:
- It costs money to have things shipped. This is incorporated into margin they take from your gold.
- They require a large staff to evaluate your gold. More staff means more overhead and more money they take as commission.
- After they evaluate, they have to pay a department to cut your check. More overhead.
- Since they are not face-to-face and they already have your gold, it’s easier for them to offer you a lower amount that you will more likely take.
- After all of the above – they still need to make a profit!
We are not saying that mail-in companies are not legitimate, but rather come see us to get top-dollar for your gold in a secure, private setting.